Fillings Or Restorations

When a tooth has a small cavity, hole or chipped it can be repaired with a filling. The cavity is removed down to healthy tooth structure and a tooth colored composite filling or restoration is placed. If the cavity is too large the tooth may need a crown or even a root canal. Some signs that you may have a cavity are: mild sensitivity to cold/hot, mild sensitivity when chewing or a visible hole in the tooth. As fillings age they can breakdown (the oral environment is a harsh place) and they will need to be replaced every so often.